Sammyyoyo

LUA Panic on join

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Every time I try to join only this server, the second I spawn in I get Lua panic and the game closes. I've tried all the "common" fixes that are on google but none seem to work. Anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

Yeah, I've not had the Lua panic errors, but my god do I lag like heck when I join. And it all just started tonight.

Update: It seems to be some sort of broken script for me. Console spams 

Cbuf_AddText: buffer overflow

and my ram usage goes out of control until it hits 3ish GB (32 bit max) and crashes. Not sure if this is my problem or a server problem but from what I've read its a server problem. If anyone has a fix that would be greatly appreciated

Same problem cant join the server in the sec im joining it gmod crashes and it says Lua Panic! Something went horribly wrong! not enough Memory  and i have 16 gigs of ram

I've been looking into lua errors that my staff send in, I'll be doing updates to try and ease/fix the issue entirely over the next few days. If you find any errors with lua please DM them to me through discord Plexiate#0001

Hey there, I figured out what my issue is. When entering the server without the Steam workshop stuff already installed I get this LUA error message, but if you go to the PlexRP steam group and download the workshop addons before hand and then trying, it should hopefully work. It did for me anyway! Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Just_A_Pegasus said:

Hey there, I figured out what my issue is. When entering the server without the Steam workshop stuff already installed I get this LUA error message, but if you go to the PlexRP steam group and download the workshop addons before hand and then trying, it should hopefully work. It did for me anyway! Hope this helps.

This didn't work for me. It seems like every LUA error is different. Never one solution.

When i was getting the LUA error Gmod was installed onto an SSD but after reinstalling to a HDD i was able to enter the server again, don't know if it was because i changed the drive it was on or if the SSD just didn't like Gmod.